To advocate and promote self-sufficiency to the whole family through
employment, education, cultural and social support and economic empowerment
for immigrants...read more
Somali Community Highlights
- 55,000+ Somali live in central Ohio.
- 70% of Somalis Immigrants speak English well enough to get a
- 85% have become citizens of the United States of America
- 80% live with their families
- Average Family has 7-8 members
- 99.9% are legal in the U.S.
- More than 600 Hundred Somali business are been created by Somalis.
- More than 2000 Thousand of Somali Americans are attending Ohio Colleges
- The number of Somali's living in Ohio will continue every year
- High school graduation is over 95% for Somali kids
Even though the Community is working hard to integrate there is always language and cultural barriers that will it take time.
It is crucial that greater services at a higher level are offered
to our community's neediest families. Below is a list of services
we have improved for 2016:
- Educational opportunities for adults and children.
- Immigration and Citizenship Programs.
- Housing availability and affordability.
- Daycare Programs
- Youth Development
- Senior Citizen Services
- Community Advocacy
- Public Safety Awareness Programs
- Case Management
- Interpretation and Translation Services
- Employment and Job Training
- ESL Classes
- Summer youth Programs